Hatha Yoga Classes
Classes & programs
Hatha Yoga Classes are accessible to everyone, regardless of one’s age, flexibility and fitness level!
Please note Mind & Body Flex temporarily postponed their services.
Krishnamacharya once said: "If you can breathe, you can do yoga."
Mind & Body Flex teaches students safely, welcomes and treats anyone equally. Regardless of who they are or how long they have been practising yoga. The classes work on breathwork, different warm-ups and diverse physical movements. As a result, your energy levels and flexibility in the body increase.
Learn new things and be inspired! To clarify, anyone is welcome. Yoga beginners you too! See you on the mat.
I like to bring awareness to the safe alignment in my classes. Further, modifications are always offered. Therefore, the carefully tailored guided relaxation and meditation techniques will help you feel rejuvenated and relaxed. Allowing the mind and body to SLOW DOWN at the end of the session.
Above all, don’t forget to bring A SMILE! Yoga meant to be fun!
What Is Actual
More women and men in the Western world partake in yoga classes to help them release tension and stretch. To unwind from everyday busyness and stress. The meaning of the word ‘yoga’ could be translated as a union. Hatha Yoga translates into two words: the word ‘ha’ (sun) and ‘ta’ (moon). Refers to the balance of both masculine (sun, hot, active) and feminine (moon, cool, receptive) energies. To clarify, we hold both.
Hatha Yoga classes incorporate elements of Pranayama (breathing practices), asanas (postures) and relaxation techniques. We hold the postures for longer, at a gentler pace. As a result, you can experience asanas independently and surrender in each pose. However, don’t mistake Hatha yoga to be a simple form of ‘a physical exercise’. It can be both challenging physically and mentally, even when practised at a slower rate.
There are a variety of styles for Hatha Yoga. I would advise you to attend diverse types of yoga classes. Until you find the right teacher and style that suits you the most.
Every teacher is different who brings completely unique skills and expertise. Don’t be afraid to explore!
*Always consult your doctor before you start any treatment if in doubt.
Why Would Hatha Yoga Classes
Be Good For Me?
- Regular yoga practice can improve your circulatory and cardio health.
- For instance, weight-bearing poses like Tree, Side Angle, Triangle and Warrior I, II and III can build density in your spine and femur.
- Poses as Boat, Plank, Downward Facing Dog, Chair, Warrior I strengthen your core muscles. As a result, your performance in sports and fitness improves.
- Yoga poses help to increase your overall flexibility and mobility in the joints. For example, Sun Salutations flow supports a large range of movements.
- Modified Hatha yoga poses such as a gentle Bridge Pose can treat and ease the symptoms of lower back pain if practised regularly.
- Poses like Tree Pose, Dance Pose, Mountain Pose can consequently improve your balance, posture and proprioception.
- Hatha yoga practise can increase your oxygen uptake, muscle tone, strength, endurance and joint mobility.
- It also releases endorphins that improve your mood. Helps with anxiety and depression.