Sports massage involves the manipulations of soft tissue
In other words, connective tissue (known as soft tissue) covers skin, muscles, ligaments, tendons and fascia.
Firstly, the major purpose of sports massage is to lessen the tension. Therefore, to separate muscle fibres during a treatment. That is to say, these build up in the soft tissues during exercise, for example. As a result of repetitive movements at work or everyday activities. In addition to that, the massage breaks down lesions quicker, certainly more effectively. To clarify, it restores suppleness in the body.
Moreover, with the right application and ongoing communication with the client, this type of massage can enhance the working days. Also, athletic performance of the person. Above all, speed up ongoing recovery and prevent further injuries.
The Origins Of Sports Massage
Massage has been known already over 3000 years ago in China, India and Greece. Moreover, at the end of the 18th century, Henrik Ling subsequently developed this form of treatment. That is to say, now is widely recognised as Swedish massage. Therefore, many of his ideas created the foundations of modern sports massage.
To clarify, these involve effleurage (long strokes), petrissage (kneading), frictions, stretching and compression.
Contraindications Of Sports Massage
To clarify, contraindication is a condition when the massage should not be performed. Therefore, for instance, carrying with the message can be more harmful than beneficial. In other words, it can certainly cause serious medical problems to a client instead. See the listed contraindications here:
MUSCULOSKELETAL ISSUES: Strains, Sprains, Fractures, Myositis, Joint replacement, Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Bursitis, Tendonitis
CIRCULATORY ISSUES: Heart Conditions, Hypertension, Hypotension, DVT, Phlebitis, Varicose Veins, Haemophilia, CV disease
NEUROLOGICAL ISSUES: Epilepsy, Sciatica, Neuralgia, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease
SKIN ISSUES: Eczema, Acne, Athletes Foot, Warts, Dermatitis, Psoriasis, Impetigo, Cuts, Bruises, Burns, Undiagnosed Lumps
RESPIRATORY ISSUES: Asthma, Pneumonia, Bronchitis, Sinusitis, Cold, Cough, Flu
IMMUNE ISSUES: Cancer, Rheumatoid Arthritis, HIV, AIDS
DIGESTIVE ISSUES: IBS, Constipation, Diarrhoea, GallStones, Kidney Stone, Urinary Tract Infection
MISCELLANEOUS ISSUES: Diabetes, Allergies, Recent Operations, Major Operations, Pregnancy, Unstable Pregnancy, Glandular Fever, Headaches, Psychological Issues, Menstrual Issues, Substance Abuse, Feeling Unwell.
*Always consult your doctor before you start any treatment if in doubt.
Benefits And Effects Of Sports Massage
- Above all, it is beneficial to ANYONE suffering from ongoing injuries and chronic pain. Or a limited range of movements.
- For instance, it maintains the physical body in better condition. Prevents loss of mobility. Therefore, helps to restore movement of injured muscle tissues.
- That is to say, it certainly aids in improving imbalances in soft tissue because of repetitive physical activity.
- Sports massage is deeper and more intense as opposed to regular relaxing therapy. Reduces muscle soreness and stiffness quicker.
- Further, increases venous and subsequently lymphatic flow. To help with lymphatic drainage.
- For example, improves the range of motion and muscle flexibility. As a result, helps with the healing of the tensed and/or overused muscles and tendons.
- Meanwhile, take care of the ligaments and tendons while freeing the fascia. Which covers the entire muscular system (also known as the fine sheath). To clarify, if it is out of alignment, it may create a variety of pains, aches and also injuries.
- For instance, frees muscle adhesions (tension). Moreover, softens scar tissues after injury. In other words, relieves ongoing muscle pain and spasms.
Is The Key
That is to say, I always adjust to my clients. Therefore, certainly, make sure the pressure and pace of the massage are specifically right for YOU. In other words, your safety and well-being during treatment is my priority!
For instance, I have previously worked at gyms and provided services for athletes and non-athletes of all kinds. Moreover, heavy weightlifters, marathon runners and rugby players. Gym members, dancers and office workers. Anyone is welcome!
If that sounds good to you, why don’t you call? Or email us HERE to find out more about our services. Subsequently, if you are interested, please get in touch so we can arrange times and dates.
My Clients Said
FREE 15 MINUTES